Tuesday, October 27, 2009

recipes


So the girl (my daughter) wasn't feeling well on Sunday so I decided to keep her home from school on Monday .. which was good because although I missed class I caught up on some much needed studying .. okay and I made these cookies. They are seriously to die for .. although they have peanut butter in them, which means I can't send them in the kids lunches they don't last that long around here anyway. I made a double batch and froze one of them.

Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter .. I used natural unsweetend this time because that is what I had opened already
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips .. I've also added raisins before

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream together butter and sugars, add the egg and vanilla .. dump in the rest of the ingredients .. yep I never mix the dry seperately .. because that would just dirty another bowl .. like hellllooo .. I have enough to clean already thankyou!

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes .. I always take them out when I think they could use just another minute or two .. this will ensure your cookies are soft on the inside and not like little hockey puck!

No comments:

Post a Comment