Friday, October 23, 2009

It's friday!

Okay so I really don't like the day of the week to dictate my mood but I am so glad it's Friday today .. it's been a long week .. and we are getting new carpets installed in our bedrooms today! So last night hubby and I moved everything from our room and the kids rooms to the living room and swept and cleaned the bedroom floors in preparation .. it actually didn't take as long as I thought it would. One rule I want to uphold in our house is not having juice or food in the bedrooms .. I can't tell you how many times the kids spill their drinks on the carpets .. and previously they where a light beige color .. it seriously took us about six months of living in this house before they looked like a bunch of two year olds had a koolaid party.

okay fast forward 12 hours .. came home to perfectly installed dusty rose carpets when I ordered gun metal grey ones .. OMG. This is what happens when men organize things .. sorry men .. you are good for some things but not for others. I am actually not that mad .. I think I am still stunned. Actually I think I just decided not to be mad. Yes .. I do make decisions like this. I really try not to focus my energy on things I cannot change. Again .. I know this sounds completely corny but really .. try it. Don't get me wrong .. I am a hot tempered woman and push the wrong button you will see Reagan from the exorcist .. okay well maybe when I was in my twenties .. I seem to have chilled out abit in my thirties, or given up .. one or the other. Anyway, I'm just saying .. focus on what you can change, not what you can't. Just let it go .. you will feel a heeuuugggge relief when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment